Tuesday, March 15, 2016

SPRING!

Spring is coming! Im so excited. This has been a long winter. I decided to get the kids a kite. There really aren't kite flyers in our family. I would like to think we are... but we just aren't. Keith, Jakob, and Corrine all worked together to get the kite up in the air!  GOOD JOB!  It flies........
for about 20 seconds.  Then, our kite flying skills really kick in.
We recovered the kite but have not attempted another flight. The kids decided to keep themselves busy outside by building "a house".  They have been working so hard.... you can tell by the water bottles collecting in the dirt.  If I had told them to go shovel in the back yard, they would never have done it.
Kate takes working in the yard seriously. She must look good for such work.
We have been reading The Secret Garden. I love how Corrine was inspired to paint the garden! What a nice talent to have.
Then there is the "mud by stick" painting by Sariah on my fridge. Im a bad mom because I wouldn't let it stay. I know. I feel guilty. I really do. In my defense, the secret garden painting isn't on the fridge either.
Jakob went on a murder mystery date. He said he had fun, although the script ended up being a little more risqué than they expected.  It was all about the French in the 20's so.... what was he expecting?! It provided us a good opportunity to have a talk about such things.
We have gone to the zoo twice in the last 3 weeks. It is so nice to get out and walk around. The first time we took a small stroller... that was a little crazy. THAT DAY I went out and bought a wagon. Best money I have spent since... well.... I bought toilet paper.
Sometimes spring in Utah is cold and icky. When that is the case, we read inside a lot. This is how Sariah likes to read. Hummm.
Kate is really getting into books and I love it!
My birthday is in the spring. I was sad that it snowed on my birthday.... but it is spring in Utah. Corrine made my cake and that made up for the snow.  What a cake!! Holy cow this girl has some skills. I told her I wanted a chocolate cake... I never imagined this!
Happy spring!

No comments: