Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Things I've learned and life skills class

I've started my 13th year of officially homeschooling. During this time I personally have learned a lot. I've learned that my house will never be clean. I've also learned the value of noise cancelling headphones.
When there is a toddler/preschooler its challenging to keep them entertained. Thankfully Kate LOVES her counting bugs. She likes to count them, sort them, and organize them.
The personal dvd player is awesome for math dvd's.
It is also awesome for Kates leapfrog ABC movie.
Have I mentioned how much we LOVE Magformers?
A little physical exercise is a good thing. This past weekend we worked on firewood. The only way to move firewood is with a tractor.
Haydens VERY favorite thing to do is split firewood. He begs to do this.
Keith decided that it was time to teach Jakob how to run the chain saw. I was pretty nervous. This is why teen age boys need a dad.
This mom would never hand her teen a chain saw and  be ok with it.  Jakob did great though and this is an important skill I think the boy needs to learn.
When we split firewood, the entire family helps!
Corrine also helped me can peaches yesterday. Sorry... no picture. But I am grateful that she is becoming a very good helper with canning. I love fall activities... now Im ready for fall temperatures!

No comments: