Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Recitals Galore!

4 of the 5 kids play the piano. We have had TONS of piano recitals this month. I like it. I think the kids like it.  I do think they are sick of their Christmas songs though, and are looking forward to no piano for a couple of weeks.  First off, Jakob played the piano at the Festival of the Trees. I did not go to this performance because I had to be in 2 other places at the same time. My mom and dad did go and it was nice to have someone there to support him. Then, he played the piano at the local retirement home. He did a great job! I got a video of it, but for some strange reason, I can't get it to post.  Sorry. Never you mind... there were plenty of performances still to go. The week after that, Jakob played at Kari Sue Hamilton school.  This school is for handicapped kids in the area. This was by far the funnest recital I have ever been to. I have never had so much fun and felt the spirit at the same time. One little handicapped girl was so sweet and she helped me feel the spirit this Christmas. She kept reaching for me from her wheel chair and she would smile and say "I love you!  I just love you so much!"  I slid over so I was sitting next to her and she just held my hand during the performances.  She would smile and say how much she loved me.  I think thats what Christmas is.  Smiling and feeling loved. I wanted to get a picture with her but her teacher took her back to class before I could get it. I should learn to move faster on a prompting. Here are the piano students going into the crowd to dance with the students at the school.
Jakob started teaching piano lessons this fall.  His students had their first recital!  He and Corrine played a duet to start off their recital.
Here is Jakob with his piano students!
Hayden, Sariah, and Corrine also had their big piano recital with their teacher Betsy. Here is Hayden. I like how his feet don't touch the floor and his shoes are untied. He played really well. Good job buddy!
 Sariah did a great job. I was so proud of her because she memorized BOTH of her piano songs.  That is a major accomplishment for Sariah.
Also, note Sariahs fancy hair.  Looking good for the Christmas recital is a big deal. 
Corrine did a great job, as always. This was her last piano recital with Betsy. Corrine is VERY sad to leave Betsy, but she is looking forward to moving on to Jakobs piano teacher.
Thank you for all you have done Betsy!  We love you!

 Kate likes Betsy's son George.  They are very good friends and if it turns into something more serious in the future, I wouldn't mind.  They kept each other entertained during the piano recital.
Jakob is the ward choir pianist so he will play in the Christmas program for church on Sunday before Christmas.  He is also accompanying a quartet.  Good job with all of the piano recitals this season!

No comments: