Happy valentines! This year, my sister hosted a valentines party for homeschooled kids. We were so excited to go! We have been to a couple of other valentines parties, but not one where we needed to make our "valentines box" and exchange a lot of valentines. Maybe its because Im still coming off 3 weeks of people being sick. Maybe its because I have 5 kids. Maybe its because Im just lazy. What ever the reason, the thought of making 5 boxes overwhelmed me. So, I decided to do "bags". I know, poor kids. The genious of this idea was that the kids could decorate their own bags and I didn't have to do anything except buy stickers. It was awesome. For the record, Jakob did not decorate a bag. Something about being a boy and too old. What ever. Corrine is crafty enough that she still enjoyed decorating her bag.
Sariah LOVED this activity! Sariah decorated her bag with Tinkerbell stickers.
Hayden thought this was the funnest thing we have ever done. When you are sick for 3 weeks, its all about perspective. He had Avenger stickers. He covered the ENTIRE bag with stickers.
Kate also enjoyed this activity. She is such a big girl now! She is very into "Dora" so she did a Dora bag.
Look at the intense concentration.
We had so much fun at the valentines party! Lots of treats, a couple of games, and good friends!
This is how teen age boys celebrate valentines. They beat on each other. Wonder how that works when they are with teen girls.
Kate and George enjoyed the afternoon together. I am in talks with Georges mother about working an arranged marriage.
Corrine and her very good friend Bethany. They are so cute and nice! I am so grateful for Bethany and her friendship with Corrine. She is such a great example to Corrine.
I just love this face, so I take lots of pictures of it.
Hayden and his cousin Isabelle. Thanks for hosting a fun party, Isabelle!
We have the tradition of giving a tshirt to each kid for valentines instead of lots of candy. Here are the kids for Valentines 2014.
Kate had enough of pictures. Actually, she didn't want everyone on the "chair". She wanted to sit on it alone.
Kate and Jakob are kindred spirits. She loves Jakob so much. She likes to do what ever he is doing.
Corrine and Jakob were invited to a homeschool Valentines dance. Here they are... both off to their first dance! Yikes! For the record, they both danced... a lot... and they both had so much fun. Corrine came home with blisters on her feet!
I have been SLOWLY working on cleaning and organizing the house. Over the valentines weekend, I worked on decorating the entry wall. I need to paint, and I think I've finally decided on a color scheme. But, for now, here is the shelf I decorated.
Happy Valentines!
No comments:
Post a Comment