Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SPRING!!!!

We have been slowly making it through winter and the school year. We are all getting itchy for summer vacation. Kate is just getting into the concept of school and she loves it. She is at the age where she is starting to draw on EVERYTHING. Here is her latest work.

Yes, that is crayon. Jakob cleaned it for me.  He said it was VERY hard to get off. See how proud she is.  I was not as happy looking as she is.
Sariah has been struggling with the concept of money.  Ok, she understands she needs it and wants it.  She also understands that more is better than less. I decided to try the theory that practice makes perfect. I got some "fake" money and I have been charging Hayden and Sariah for their meals.  They have to pay me and figure out their change. I think they like this activity more than I do.
 Its finally March and we can finally feel spring in the air! It is really the best feeling of the year.  Everyone is excited to get outside. No one complains about yard work. It is so refreshing to leave the dirty dishes in the sink and go soak in some actual sunshine!! Look!!  GREEN on my trees!!
We had to move a few stakes for our little fence. This is the only way to pull stakes.
Pruning the fruit trees is an excellent spring activity!
Kates favorite thing in the world is the tractor.  The weather is finally warm enough for her to go on a few tractor rides!
She knows how to drive. Don't worry dad, I've got this.
Spring days are nice for walks in the garden. We planted peas a week ago. Hopefully we can really get our garden area looking pretty this year. (I say that every year.....)
Learning to kick a ball is something best taught by a big brother.
When all the work was done, the kids took some time to play Frisbee.
And shoot a bow and arrow. That is always fun.
For your info... this is the big barn that Keith and Co. built last summer.  We need to get some big doors on it this year, but for the most part, its done!
 Happy Spring!

No comments: