Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tender Mercies

I have had a lot of tender mercies from our Heavenly Father this past week. I will try to keep this short, but I did want to share a few. Due to some political reasons, and some strong promptings I had been getting, I felt like I needed to pull the kids out of K12.  I homeschool the kids, but K12 is sort of a "cheating" homeschool.  They are technically public schooled and K12 has all the curriculum laid out for me.  I did my own thing until Jakob hit 3rd grade, but we have been with K12 since.   I knew we needed to make a change, but I was having a hard time knowing what change to make. One day last week was especially hard for me. I really could feel Satan working on me and I spent most of the day being frustrated or crying. That evening, it dawned on me that I needed to pray.   Pray a lot.  So, i did.  I fasted and prayed the next day. During that day, many, many things started to happen. I had good friends that homeschool call me and ask what they could do to help. Through talking to them, I found my answers. I found peace. I now know what direction we need to go with our homeschool this upcoming year. I will be pulling all of the kids out of "public" type school and going it on my own.  Our curriculum is going to be a lot of reading.

We had general conference this past weekend.... just 2 days after I started to get my answers. The feeling I got during conference is a strong feeling to "gather my chicks" and to really teach them the basics and just have them close and love them.  During conference I got several confirmations that the decision I made has been the correct one for our family.  I have been pouring over curriculum and I have found what we will do.  I was literally guided to the things I need.   Keith has been the best daddy to the kids and a great support to me.  He has been great about me buying the curriculum and he didn't even choke (too bad) when I told him what I bought. Truth be told, he encouraged me to get more than I was going to get. 

Now, instead of us all working on separate things and feeling like Im beholden to the government, my school days are going to be filled with this. I just feel at peace. I love my husband and my kiddos.  (for the record, Jakob isn't in this picture because he was at seminary)

1 comment:

Gabrielle Kim said...

I am so happy you found peace in your decision! You will do great and your kids are lucky to have you as their teacher!