Wednesday, August 15, 2012

End of Summer Vaca

This was the last weekend of summer vacation. So, we did something VERY exciting. Keith and the kids installed the laundry line I have wanted for a few years now.  I wanted a laundry line when we lived in Clinton. Our yard was too small and there was no fence. I didn't feel like I could do a laundry line there. So, for the last 2 years I've been asking for a laundry line. Yep, Im crazy. Here are Keith and the kids getting the line in for me!
 I love these two guys.
The kids have also been working on their "forts" all summer long. Sadly, Keith and I have kept them busy on other projects, so they haven't had much time to build. They did get some time in the afternoon to work.  You can see the "frame" of the fort taking shape.
We have also enjoyed the Olympics the last couple of weeks. Corrine made some decorations to help us get into the spirit of it all.
We enjoyed most of it. The opening and closing ceremonies were "different".  I found myself agreeing with Matt Lawer from NBC news for the first and probably only time ever. While announcing the opening ceremony he said "wow, that was weird" just about 30 seconds after I said the exact same thing. We did enjoy Mr. Bean. But, who doesn't?!

After getting the laundry line finished, we had to hang some laundry. We all enjoyed it quite a bit.
I had a TON of peaches to do.  School was looming in the back ground and I had to get these peaches done before school started. All of the kids were a great help. When Keith walked in from work, the first thing he said was "what do I need to do to help?"   Ahh, love that guy! I sent him out for pizza. Yes, the help looks a little scary. I had to take what help I could.
Sariah was helping disolve the sugar in the water. This worked great until she spilled a jar of sugar water on the floor. I've mopped it twice since and things are still sticky.  Yes, I was a bad mom. I got upset and I sent her out.
I hope you all enjoyed your summer!  School started today. There wasn't as much weeping and wailing as I had anticipated. Maybe the kids actually like school.




No comments: