Monday, April 9, 2012

Holy Cow!! Easter weekend.

I love Easter weekend. We always go to Keiths parents house the Saturday before Easter for the big Easter egg hunt. This year was a little different. Keiths mom is in New York helping his sister and his dad passed away last summer. It was strange to not have them there. It was still fun to get together with the cousins and have lunch and eat lots and lots of candy. Grandma asked us to clean up some of the branches from the trees that had been pruned. So, the kids did that first. They had a lot of fun. I think doing chores with cousins is more fun than doing them alone.





After the work got done, we could get down to business and start looking for Easter eggs!







Jakob just wanted the candy. Next year I might do the same thing I did for Halloween. Buy him off with a bag of his own candy and call it good.



Keiths dad LOVED to give the kids rides around the yard whenever they were there. Keith decided he had better carry on that tradition and take the little monsters for a ride. I think his ride was a little faster than grandpas. Don't worry grandpa, Karen got after Keith for ya.



Here are my cute kids before church on Easter morning. It was very windy... and early in the morning.



I also like the popcorn popping on our tree. I think this is so pretty and so spring like. Too bad they only stay like this for a week or two.



For a few years now, (ok maybe 10) I have wanted my very own beef cow. Look what the Easter bunny brought me! His name is "dinner". Corrine also noted that he is a "cow-ard". He is really just a giant chicken. Hopefully he won't taste like chicken. I really want him to taste like T-Bone and stew.



I have my very own cow in my very own pasture. I am a happy farm girl tonight.

3 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

I think it's great that you got a cow-- just please, please, please don't name her Betsy.
I've got issues with cows named Betsy, and there are a lot of them.

Schramm Family said...

That is funny! Nope, his name is Dinner. I wanted it to be very clear to the kids right from the get go. :)

Gabrielle Kim said...

The girls look so cute in their Easter dresses!
Invite us over for some "dinner" in a few months!!!