Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Its been a while. I've been busy doing and thinking about a few of my favorite things.

First, for my birthday and anniversary weekend we left the kids with my mom and went with some friends to Vegas. Vegas itself is NOT one of my favorite things. Sleeping in, no fighting, and good company are some of my favorite things. We also decided to be crazy and head to the strip. I will never have to go there again. Ever.

One of my new favorite things is the parking garage of the Cosmopolitan. It was very high tech. They had this digital board telling you how many empty stalls were available on each floor of the parking garage. Then, when you got to the floor, the open parking slots had a green light above them. The full ones had a red light.



You would quickly see which floor to drive to and quickly find green lights so you knew where to park. It was awesome. Since I am a frequent patron of the University of Utah hospital, I would suggest my medical bills go toward purchasing such lights. They are now one of my favorite things.



Just so that it doesn't seem like the parking garage was the highlight of my vacation, (although I think it was) I will post a couple more favorite things. I did like the fountains at the Billagio. They were pretty cool. Not cool enough to drive all the way to the strip for.... but if you are there anyway, check it out.





Another favorite thing of mine, and the baby, is the Utah Indoor Clean Air Act. I realize in this picture we are outside, but you still get the idea.



Another of my favorite things is nice weather. Last weekend we had such a nice day that the kids BEGGED that we eat outside. Keith made lunch on the rocket stove outside and then we had a picnic. It was very nice.



These messy, hard working, things are also some of my favorite things.








For some reason, I can not explain, watching the chickens wander the yard has become one of my favorite things.



Now you can see why I've been behind on the blog. The blog itself is one of my favorite things. I have just been busy enjoying other favorite things.

1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

Las Vegas does nothing for me. I am happy for you that you got to have a nice break from regular life-- as glamorous as our regular is:)