Monday, November 28, 2011

Painful, Presto, Chango

We did a major room switch-a-roo. I guess we have to move stuff every once and a while. Sadly, its only been 18 months since we moved. This weekend has been another good reminder why we will NEVER move again. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we switched rooms. Hayden moved down stairs with Jakob. Because Hayden and Jakob are sharing rooms, they switched rooms with Corrine so the two sharing could have the larger room. Because the boys are sharing, they needed the bunk beds. So, Sariah and Jakob had to switch beds. I know, sounds easy, right? No. It was all terribly complicated and we are now on day 6 of the switch a roo program. After I went a little crazy this afternoon, the rooms finally got finished. I wanted to show you some before and after pictures so you could sort of appreciate all of the trouble this was.

This is Jakobs room before.



This is Jakobs room after... its the room Corrine was in. I still need to hang the curtains... but Keith gets to do that. I did Corrines and it was miserable experience. Im confident Keith will enjoy it much more than I did. I don't want to deprive him of that pleasure.



I got some Star Wars stickers for the boys room. Hayden loves them. Jakob doesn't seem as easily impressed.



This is Corrines room before. We think there is carpet in the room. We aren't sure. Hopefully there is so the boys can have carpet.



This is Corrine's room after. Its Jakobs old room. We did in fact find carpet. Hopefully Corrine can keep this room clean.



Corrine is especially happy with the spots on her walls.




This is Sariahs room before. I know.... I know. My kids are slobs. Its because Im tired and honestly, I've given up.



This is Sariahs room after.



Sariah ended up with a "boy" bed. Her mom is too busy to paint it pink. So, I did the best I could to buy her off with some Tinkerbell stickers. I think it worked. She is very happy with them.



This is Haydens room before. Ok, you can tell this is the room I help clean. The others are on their own.... mostly.




This is Haydens room after. Wonder how long it will stay clean?



Hopefully, this will be the last time we move stuff. It probably won't be, but I'll make myself feel better and say that it is.

3 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

Whoa-- you have been busy! I'm completely tormented about whether or not to require kids' room to be cleaned and how often. Blah.

Gabrielle Kim said...

Now I know that Sariah gets her subtlety from her momma;D! The rooms look great!

Kay said...

AHHH! It looks so fantastic!!! Why have I not seen it?! Oh right, because life is crazy and we only get together at night when all the kids are asleep in their rooms.... Looks so, so, so good!