Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sariahs Birthday

Yesterday was Christmas. I didn't take one single picture of Christmas. Not a one. I know, bad mom of the year. We were too busy having too much fun to stop for photo-ops. We had a great time though. Keith got a hand held HAM radio and I think he was pleased with it. He spent a lot of the afternoon learning about it and playing with it, so I guess thats a good sign. I got photo-shop for pictures for the computer. I have played with it a little but I know I have SO MUCH more to learn. Im excited to play with it though. Jakob got "all he ever wanted!" which was Percy Jackson books and Lego Harry Potter for the wii. Corrine kind of had a purple theme going on. She didn't ask for anything, but she was happy with everything she got. She got a purple coat, purple bathrobe, purple brush, purple hair stuff, purple bath stuff, purple finger nail polish, purple lip gloss, purple... well, you get the idea. Sariah has given us HOURLY reminders since about September that she wanted an Easy Bake Oven. The big fat man delivered. She got her oven. Sadly, I didn't realize it didn't come with the proper light bulb and since the government is Communist and has told us exactly which light bulbs to use... (which aren't easy bake oven approved) we do not have any of the correct light bulbs. Keith thinks he might have one hiding in the garage so don't tell the government. We need it to run the easy bake. Hayden asked for "toys". He got a big wooden train set, books, puzzles, and the highlight by far was a "light saver just like star wars". Yes, I know its really a light SABER... but don't tell the three year old. The family got a giant, huge, lovely, new, 60 inch PLASMA TV. We just sit at it and stare in awe. Some times we even turn it on.

Ok, the REAL entry is all about Sariah. She turned 7 today. She has talked about a Fancy Nancy birthday party for a couple of months. So, me, being the cool mom that I am, came through. She got a fancy nancy doll, book, and... yes... birthday cake. The cake was way easy to decorate... just look for pink, fuzzy, and tacky. I ment to say "fancy". She LOVED the cake. Yes, there is fuzz on that crown and yes it was on our cake. The true miracle here is that the fuzzy crown didn't catch fire. Sadly, two days ago she decided she wanted a "Rapunzel" doll from the movie Tangled. Thank heavens grandma came through and got the doll she wanted. She still seemed ok with the fancy nancy stuff. Here are a couple of pictures from her birthday. I'll post some Christmas ones later. That is, after I make the kids recreate the moment. Then, I'll post a Christmas picture. I may have played with these pictures a little bit in my new photo shop. I still have a lot to learn.. but this was kind of fun. Bye, bye red eye.



1 comment:

Kay said...

I am glad that the crown didn't catch on fire too! Your kids are so sweet. I know Brad appreciates Jakob a lot! I have fun watching your kids in Primary too. They are good kids. Easy Bake Oven, so it actually works huh? Do you have to plug it in or is this like emergency food storage cooking?