Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week (or two) in review

Things have been so busy and I haven't had time to update the ole blog. I'll try to give you the shortened version of how things are going for us. The real fun started 2 weeks ago when we discovered (at 10pm) that our fridge had died. Keiths parents were staying with us and so Keith and his dad started to work on the fridge while his mom and I started to clean it out. We have a second fridge downstairs that just needed to be plugged in. It was so nice to be so prepared..... until we went downstairs and realized something smelled funny... or rather terrible. As my mother in law and I started looking into it, we found that a gallon of milk had been left in the other fridge from scout camp two weeks before. No, the fridge was not plugged in. There was mold all over in that fridge. So, at 10pm we got to clean that fridge out before we could plug it in and move everything out of the fridge upstairs. My best neighbor of all came over and also helped clean out both fridges. We thought we had the fridge working upstairs and then it died again 6 days later. Keith and Jakob worked on it and think they found the part that needed to be fixed. We are now on day 5 of it working... lets hope we can make it past day 6-7 and maybe its fixed for sure! Look how tired Keith is... that's how our lives have been for a few months.





I have been so busy canning. I've done 14 pints of salsa, 14 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 28 quarts of tomatoes, 14 pints of applesauce, 36 pints of apricot jam, and then some ground beef and chicken. Everything except the ground beef and chicken came from our garden. Now I'm ready for peaches and pears. I'm getting tired of canning, but it sure is nice to have all the full jars on the shelves.



Jakob and Keith went on Jakob's first 11 year old scout camp this past weekend. Jakob did excellent and even won the best camper award. He had so much fun and we are so proud of him.

Finally we a quiet Sunday afternoon. I crave those. Keith and the kids settled down on the floor and played Lego's. I love to watch the kids play with daddy. Things have been so busy and crazy in our lives and we had a nice afternoon just slowing down.



News on foster care... we have court next week. We really don't know anything except this has been a very emotional 2 weeks. Things have been crazy. Its been very difficult and some days it looks like we can keep our current placement and other days we are sure he is leaving. We appreciate the many prayers that have been given in our behalf. Hopefully we will have an update next week.

1 comment:

Dana said...

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! best wishes in court