Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Family, Fun, and a Funeral

We had a fun and busy weekend. Seems like that is the normal for us! On Friday we went to the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It is a beautiful temple. The kids really enjoyed being in the temple. Even before the temple is dedicated, I can feel such a peaceful spirit. It was nice to go and feel that this week. Anyway, this is a picture of the Cain grand kids at the temple.



After the temple, we went to Nathaniel and Jennys splash park. The kids had so much fun running around in the water. Some of these pictures are actually pretty cool looking with the water....












We also celebrated a birthday which are always a big deal at our house. I can't go into any more details about this.. Im sure you understand.






My grandpa Cain passed away last week and we had his funeral yesterday. I really enjoyed his funeral. The spirit was very nice there and it gave me a chance to reflect on my grandpa and the kind of person he was. I love my grandpa. There really aren't words to describe him. If you didn't know him, you would never appreciate the kind of person he was. I have been trying to simplify what my grandpa stood for and really, he can't be simplified. But, I think I narrowed it down to a few things that I want to remember and I want my kids to know. Grandpa loved his family. We knew we were loved. He got no greater joy than to see the grand kids and the great grand kids. I'm going to try to show more love to my family and really enjoy being with them. The second thing is grandpa worked hard. He wasn't afraid to try anything. It seemed to me that he could do anything. I will try harder to do the work I need to do and find joy in my work. I will not complain about the responsibilities I have. Grandpa literally wore out his body with good, hard work. I think that's what Heavenly Father wants each of us to do. Finally, and most important, I know my grandpa had a testimony. I know he loves the Lord. I know he loves the church. I want my kids to know that I love the Lord. I'm so grateful for the knowledge the gospel gives me. I'm so grateful that I can pray and Heavenly Father cares enough to listen to me. I'm grateful that I can feel Heavenly Fathers hand in my life. Here are some pictures from the funeral. The last one is of my grandma. Isn't she cute? I want to be like her when I grow up.






No comments: