Sunday, May 24, 2009

Officially Summer!!

Aawhh, remember those days when it was freezing cold and we were hauling firewood? It was so long ago...must have been 3 weeks ago or something. We went from hauling firewood to hauling the kiddie pool out of the basement. Unfortunately, the firewood stores in the basement much better than the pool did. We found several cracks and holes. So... we hauled the pool one more time to the garbage can. The kids had their swimsuits on and were determined to get wet. So, they put the sprinkler under the trampoline and played slide into the 1 year old. They all had a great time... especially the 1 year old.



Last Tuesday, we went to a Salt Lake Bees game with our school group. There were only about 10,000 elementary school aged kids and their teachers with us. I don't want to hear any more about my kids not socializing with public schooled kids. It was a little crazy to say the least. The fondest memory we will take from that game was how hot it was. It was already 80 degrees when we got there. The kids had a lot of fun hanging out with their friends and eating. Jakob needed me to explain the game to him... I'm a sucky mom. The kid doesn't know much about baseball. Corrine took the same thing from it that I did... "mom, this game is boring and it goes too slow". I couldn't agree more. Sariah enjoyed the 2 trips to the very crowded public bathrooms. Guess I should have included a picture of that since we saw more of those than the actual game. We were however, right behind home plate and I guess that's good. Jakob and Corrine didn't like being behind home plate. There was a large net up and we couldn't catch the flying t-shirts that the Bee and the Jazz Bear were throwing. Oh well. Memories, right?








On Thursday we made our monthly trip to the zoo. We had a lot of fun and we were able to catch the bird show. That was the hit of the day. We managed to get some pictures of the kids by the big gorilla. Every kid needs their picture by this guy, right? Come on, you know you have one of you with him.






No comments: