Sunday, August 17, 2008
New calling
I got a new calling today. I have been called to be the stake humanitarian specialist. Our stake does a HUGE (its really a big deal here) humanitarian fair in the fall of every other year. Next year (2009) will be the big one. We literally fill a large semi truck with things for the humanitarian center. My job is to plan the kick off for this fall, train the ward humanitarian leaders, and make sure the projects happen. I will be speaking in all of the ward sacrament meetings next summer, attending a few stake welfare meetings, and all of the stake relief society leadership meetings. The first thing I need to do is get ready for the stake relief society training meeting the first of October. I've been asked to speak at that meeting and to introduce what we are doing to the ward relief society presidents. I also want to make a packet of what the projects are for each ward. Its going to be a fun calling, but a lot of work. Its going to have some down days and some really crazy days! I think I will be released from my "old" calling as ward activities chair. The bishop said I would get released today, but that didn't happen... hopefully they are working on it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment