Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to school party, foster care, and other updates

I just wanted to give a quick update... but no pictures this time. First, back to school. K12 hosted an ice cream party today at the park. The kids had so much fun and it was nice to see so many people doing the same things we are with school. We are in the Washington District and one of the teachers said they are just over 1,000 families. (that's families, not students) They had to hire 6 more teachers and each teacher has approx 75 families.

Foster care.... well, most of you know that there isn't anything to know. The state is taking its sweet time processing our paperwork. So, we are now looking at middle of September sometime before we are even in the system. I'm feeling more and more that there really is a specific reason why all of this is happening when it is happening. The timing is just too crazy to not have the Lord's hand in it.

Corrine joined a group of girls 6-9years old called Liberty Girls. They study the American Girl books. She is so excited to be in this group. I'm excited that she is excited about reading. She has struggled with reading and I think this might be an answer to prayers for us. They will meet twice a month and do activities based on the book they are studying that month. This month they are going to be doing laundry with a washboard. Keith said he is going to send his yucky, greasy, Lowes t-shirt that is just about ready to walk away on its own.... or it might end up in the garbage if I get a chance.

We are also busy with swimming lessons right now. The kids are doing great and they love swimming lessons. Jakob is doing well with piano lessons. He has been asked to play a duet in the primary sacrament meeting program and he is excited about that. And, like everyone else, we are enjoying the Olympics. Jakob is our commentator that is gives us a play by play of each country as they come on the TV. Its great...

1 comment:

Merry Melody's said...

We had an American Girl club too it was awesome. We read the books in chronological order because I'm a nerd. There are some great activity books that AG puts out. We had a Felicity Bday too. I'm so jealous!
Best wishes with foster care. You are wonderful!