Sunday, January 3, 2021

Christmas Break Continues

We have enjoyed a couple of weeks of Christmas break. No work! No school!  Kate made cookies mostly by herself. She is growing up too fast! I do like watching her become more and more independent though.

Thanks to technology, we were able to play a few games with cousins in Michigan. Covid has really helped us embrace connection through the tv. Im grateful for it. We got Corrine all day on Christmas and games with cousins across the country! It is amazing!!

Just so you don't think our Christmas break was dominated by electronics, proof that we had a lot of non electronic fun! We love playing games. You had better be able to handle that if you come to our house!

We spent New Years eve at my sisters house with cousins. Everyone had so much fun! Kate was happy to tell everyone "We are staying up ALL NIGHT LONG!"   Well, maybe not all night..... but it was late and so fun to play more games with family.

I need a Tae Kwon Do center in my back yard. It is the perfect place to send the kids to play!
I think the teen girls make grandpa tired. Or, maybe staying up all night long makes him tired?
 
We can not end Christmas break with out a day of shooting. We picked a nice warm 34 degree day and had some fun!
Kate got a little offended if anyone tried to tell her how to shoot. She has this. Watch out world. And sorry for what we have created.
Hayden didn't need any help either. He enjoyed trying a pistol instead of his rifle.
Sariah seems to think she is getting my old purple concealed carry gun. She was determined to learn how to shoot with it and begin their bonding time. She and the gun hit it off just fine.
 
After some shooting, Uncle Soung-Sik took Hayden and Kate ice fishing! The LOVED it.
Work hard, play hard. We didn't get a lot of work done over Christmas break, but we have an entire year for that. We enjoyed playing and it was a good break! Most of my people are really dreading real life. I happen to like it..... I love the fun, and we have had fun. But, I also love a good routine. I love kids being productive with a math book or a good literature book! Bring on routine!!

No comments: