Friday, December 25, 2020

Covid Christmas!

I've started every major holiday in 2020 with Covid something..... might as well keep it going. Covid Christmas. Actually, our Christmas wasn't much different because of Covid. I've about given up on it and I don't care anymore. I think I have pandemic fatigue. Is that a thing? Christmas Eve afternoon we let the kids open their sibling gifts. We drew names to determine who has whom. This year Jakob and Sariah had each other and Kate and Hayden had each other. Everyone was well pleased.

Christmas morning before the masses descend upon the family room.

I love our corner tree. Seriously. Its so small but it looks just fine in its little corner.
I didn't take very many pictures of Christmas morning. I soaked up all of the goodness and just enjoyed myself. I feel bad I don't have a lot of pictures now. You will just have to trust me.... it was good. Hayden got a wrestling dummy, spike ball, and a few hundred magic cards. He is happy. Jakob got MONEY. What else do you get an adult child? We figured straight up money is best then he can do what he wants with it.

Kate requested a lego 4-wheeler. She got a cute truck, trailer and these 4-wheelers. She got a few things for her Spirit set and many more legos. The girl is happy.
Sariah requested supplies for claymation. She got a green screen and molding clay. Im looking forward to watching her first claymation video!
Keith got a new bike for Christmas. The best part might be that Jakob put it together for him. That is love!

We tried out the new bike. Bike riding will be something we do a lot more of..... when its above 50.
Can you see it?? I got a new concealed carry pistol and a couple of shirts made to carry. Can you see my pistol? Its on my side, just under my arm and its so cute... the pistol, not my arm.

My second favorite gift came from Betsy, my walking partner. SAFETY SUSPENDERS! Im so excited. I know, they are as nerdy as possible. Im excited because now when I go walking, Im totally legit. This shows the world that Im a serious about my sport while being a walking snob and I couldn't be more excited! Walking in the cold and dark just got a lot more fun!

The best part of Christmas day was being able to talk to Corrine. We had her ALL DAY LONG!!!  It was amazing!

 
Everyone was able to talk to her alone for an hour at a time and it was just what we all needed! I am glad she is where she is. Im glad she is serving a mission. I am also very glad we will have her with us next Christmas.

No comments: