The world is a crazy place with a lot of crazy things going on. I have been stressed about the election. I have been frustrated that the effort and progress I am trying to make seems to be wasted. I took a moment and looked back through my pictures the last couple of weeks and found I do have many things to be thankful for. Here are my thankful pictures. I am grateful or Kate. She loves to read and she is usually a happy person showering me with hugs and kisses. Who doesn't like that? A kid that happily does her school work is my favorite.
Hayden and Kate happily cleaned up some leaves off the lawn. Work got done and minimal fighting happened. That is a good day.

He also spent all day on Saturday juding a debate tournament. Giving up a Saturday is a very hard thing for Keith. Spending an entire day on zoom is probably the worst way to spend a Saturday but he did it. I am grateful for that.
Speaking of debate.... this is a picture of Sariah finding out she won FIRST PLACE in student congress at the tournament. It was quite a shock to the system! I'm so proud of her and how much progress she has been making in so many areas.While Keith, Sariah and Hayden did a virtual debate tournament, Kate and I had a girls day. Naturally, we went to Hobby Lobby.
I like watching the kids learn new things. This girl watched a YouTube video with Keith and learned how to cut open a pomegranate. She now does it by herself quite often.
I took this picture for Corrine. It was right before a stormy day. I knew we had limited time of the fall leaves on the trees. I love how pretty they are. I love fall. As much as I HATE winter in January and February, I do love the changing of the seasons.
Freedom. I'm a sucker for freedom. This latest election cycle and mask mandates left me feeling like freedom might be a thing of the past. I'm such a rebel. I fly this flag whenever I feel bothered by the direction of the government. Its a small rebellion and no one notices, but it makes me feel better inside.
GOOD FRIENDS. I am so thankful for the friends Jakob and Corrine have. These are my people. These are my kids. I love them all so much! All but Adam are return missionaries now. One is married and another one is engaged. Adam invited us to go through the temple with him and it was such a sweet treat for so many reasons. It was good to see these kids (my kids) together again.












No comments:
Post a Comment