Wednesday, December 4, 2019

December!

Time is really racing by! December is a crazy month, but I really do love it. I love everything about it. Corrine and Kate decorated the tree this year. Im grateful for their help and Im also grateful for our corner tree. Its literally 1/4 of a tree. Come check it out!
Keith and I bought this nativity for our first Christmas. It has been around for 24 year now! I'm mostly shocked it has survived 5 kids! I think we have had one broken sheep but that's it! The one remaining baby sheep likes to give baby Jesus kisses.
It is your favorite time of the blog! I call this segment "weekly rant about the weather."  Actually, I can't really complain. The weather is behaving as it should in December. We have been getting lots of snow and it is cold (but not unusually cold). The kids have enjoyed stringing their winter clothes all over the house and the search for the one glove continues. I can't complain. The kids are happy.  The kids are outside.  I am happy.
I can't believe we are coming to the end of the first year of Come Follow Me gospel study at home. I have absolutely loved this year and new changes with church. I am SO EXCITED for the Book of Mormon next year. I love having discussions with the kids and also seeing their point of view on things.
December is a new month and seems like each month I get some blood work done. Yesterday I met with a new doctor that I feel pretty good about. I think Im finally (maybe) on the right track. Hopefully I'll have some answers next week when we go over all the blood work.

I am working on finding joy all around me. Some days that is harder than others, but today I found it.... in my Christmas tree!
I am also finding joy in the Utes football team. I have always been a fan but this year we broke down and got Sling tv so I could watch the games. Im OBSESSED. I decided it is my obligation as a homeschool parent to expose my children to a national pass time. Now they can have conversations out in the world about football and know what a quarterback is and what the pocket is. Kate gets more joy than I do out of the opposing teams quarterback getting "sacked."  This is a side of me my kids have not really seen before. I think I created a monster in Kate... she is my fellow cheerleader. But whats not to like? Ranked #5 in the country now!  Wahoo!  

Go Utes!

No comments: