Thursday, January 12, 2017

Shattered Dreams?

We are involved in so many crazy activities. There are piano lessons, debate classes, tae kwon do classes, mutual, scouts, two different robotics teams... and that's just the kids.  Poor Kate was feeling a little left out because she didn't have any place to go. I got a wild and crazy idea to have her take tumbling. After doing research, I found a great place to have her do classes. Let me set this up by saying Kate is 4. FOUR.  4 years old. We had her evaluation and she did ok, but I didn't see any inner Simone Biles coming out. I could see my hopes of her supporting me in my old age start to vanish. The reality of her lack of skills became apparent when I was told she COULD NOT be in the 5 year old class yet. She doesn't have the skills necessary. GASP.  I know. The really hard news was when they had to break it to me that she COULD NOT be in the 4year old class.... she lacked the necessary skills for THE FOUR YEAR OLD CLASS.  I kind of assumed the only skill she needed for a 4 year old class was to simply be four. My how I was mistaken. Because the four year old class started last June, she is now behind. I know. Bad mom of the year last 8 months. I get it. Thankfully, there are "catch up" lessons that Kate can take.... there is a waiting list, but hopefully we can get her in with enough time to catch up to the other 4 year olds in preparation for the 5 year old class. Im just thankful I didn't wait another day to get this corrected. We now have the proper uniform to practice.
We have been properly trained in how to help the four year old prepare for the four year old class. We must practice and pray a spot opens up.
I think Kate is a genius and Im still holding out on her skills. She is the only retirement plan we have.... Im not willing to throw this plan out the door just yet.

No comments: