Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fall Camping

This summer has been crazy. It was very difficult to find a single weekend we could go camping. We finally found one... in October. We went out to 5 Mile with some friends of ours. It was perfect... minus a couple thousand flies. We enjoyed the weather as well as 4-wheeler rides.
The last time we took the 4-Wheelers out, Kate and Keith tipped theirs because it was hard for Keith to drive and hold on to Kate. Living with a crafty daughter and a smart engineer has its perks. Keith and Corrine designed a seatbelt for Kate. It worked really well!
Jakob and Hayden were partners. Hayden says Jakob is a crazy driver and it scares Hayden to death.... I think Hayden actually loved every second of it.
Corrine and Sariah spent a lot of time together on the 4-Wheelers. Corrine did a great job driving! She did tip the 4-wheeler once and scared both girls half to death. They both got right up and got back on.
I loved the rides we went on. At one point, we rode out to these abandoned mines. They were pretty cool. Sariah and I were riding together and we started wondering about the people that lived out there and what their lives might be like.

I understand these large tires aren't from pioneer days, but I do wonder why they are still out there.
I enjoyed the weekend hanging out with family with no chores or phones or guilt of "what we should be doing". 
We need more weekends like this.

No comments: