I have a confession to make. My public school education was seriously lacking. I have never read all of Jane Austins books. Up until a couple of days ago, I had never read any of them. Due to this gaping hole in my education, I decided the girls and I should join a mother daughter book club. Thank heavens for much more refined friends. Betsy Fox (an amazing friend and homeschooling mentor) is running the book club. We will be reading and discussing all of the Jane Austin books during this school year. We decided to host the first book club and get our obligation out of the way. The book was Sense and Sensibility.
Thankfully, I have more than one refined friend. I agreed to host the book club and my friend, Brenda Gowans, decorated. Corrine, Sariah and Brendas daughter Cera helped decorate. They did a great job making everything look fantastic. Here they are looking exhausted.
Brenda made these mints. How cute are those?!
Everything looked so cute. We had a great discussion about the book Sense and Sensibility. I enjoyed the book quite a bit. Im looking forward to the next book.... Pride and Prejudice. I've never read it, so please... don't spoil it for me.
I enjoyed listening to the young ladies discuss qualities they are looking for in young men. I have hope for the future. These are amazing young women! Im so grateful for the dear friendships my daughters have with the girls in the book club.
A quote I loved the most is from a character speaking of overcoming a trial. I think this is good advice and a good way to deal with any situation, not just trials. "It shall be checked by religion, by reason, and by constant employment."
1 comment:
SO. JEALOUS. Spoiler: P&P is amazing! I have to call it a three way tie between P&P, Sense and Sensibility, and Emma though. Wish I could be there!
Post a Comment