The Days of 47 Parade is a big deal in Utah. It is actually the second largest parade in the country . . . second only to Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Pretty cool, right?! Corrine got the opportunity to participate in the parade with our stake float. I have to thank my very good friend Brenda for taking care of Corrine all day as well as getting all of the pictures for me! I had to get Corrine out the door at 5 A.M.! This was very painful for two people that are not morning people at all! Corrine got to be in the parade with one of her very good friends, Cera. Here they are at 5 a.m. ready to roll! I love the sunglasses at 5 a.m. Maybe Kailey is asleep and we don't know it.
This is Corrine next to the float from our stake.
Here is Corrine with my friend Brenda and her two daughters, Cera and Kailey. I'm so grateful they were with her during the parade!
Our float was #90 in the line up. I think there were only 99 total . . . so they waited A LONG TIME before they could get going.
Waiting . . . . .
They did get to catch a glimpse of Elder Oaks. My friend got to shake his hand and Corrine was right next to her. Too bad Corrine didn't get to shake his hand. I guess he was in a very big hurry to get somewhere before the parade got going. Some people are important and busy. I'm just busy. I digress . . . more waiting . . . but now they are waiting outside in the sunshine . . . looking more like this parade will happen!
Finally they got going! My friend tried to take a picture of them dancing. I guess the picture taking threw them off their groove and it messed them up!
I was so bugged that we couldn't see Corrine on the TV, but I'm glad we got these pictures and I'm glad she had this experience. She will never forget it! It was long and hot! Good job Corrine!


.jpg)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment