Friday, January 24, 2014

One year old fun

Kate plays. A lot. Here are some pictures of some good ole fashioned red neck fun! First, don't take her on at air hockey.  She is crazy!

 I saw this web page with some cool ideas on how to entertain a toddler. I decided to try some out on the toddler. She LOVES to pull wipes out of the wipe container. Because wipes are so expensive, I don't love it as much as she does.  So, I put strips of scrap fabric in the container and she pulls them out. She loves it.  Scraps of fabric are all over the house. I don't love that it is messy, but I love that its less expensive.
 This is another total red neck way to entertain a kid. I used painters tape and stuck a piece of PVC pipe to the wall.  Kate likes to drop pipe cleaners down the pipe.  It amazes her every time that the pipe cleaner comes out the bottom! Gravity is amazing. I figure its her first science class.

Another very exciting thing is sticking pipe cleaners in a strainer. I know. Please don't report me to the authorities.  She has LOTS of actual toys.  She just prefers the pipe cleaners and strainer.
 See.... real toys.  These are "Educational" blocks with letters, numbers, and different objects on them.  She is working hard on learning all of them.  Or, at least working hard on scattering them about the house so I will step on at least one in the dark each night.

No comments: