Monday, November 18, 2013

Sickness

Having a toddler around the house has provided us all with the fun of watching Kate with several "firsts".  I finally lost my mind and gave Kate her first tootsie pop.  She LOVED it.


We have had the flu at our house. It has not been the most fun we have ever had.  You can see the progression. I think day 3 was the worst. Maybe the worst is over today.  Maybe.
Day 1 The girls all wanted Daddy to hold them.
Hayden wanted his 103.7 fever to go away.
Day 2.You can see the progression of the resting and the dirty house.
 Reading with dad is a very favorite activity!
On Saturday (day 2) Keith and Jakob worked on the barn in the rain and snow.

 Day 3. Its getting pretty bad around here.
Sunday (day 3) Corrine started feeling a little better.  She couldn't take sitting around watching movies any more so she started crafting. She made 2 scarfs in one morning. She made a red scarf for me to wear to church.  She started about an hour and a half before church started and finished it just as I was ready to walk out the door.
Day 4. All the kids still have fevers! The fevers were all the way down to 101 this morning.
After lunch today, the kids were feeling a little better. We got fevers down to 99 now! Corrine and Sariah started working on scarfs again. Learning to crochet counts as school today.
We have a really fun  math game on the kindle. Hayden LOVES it. If he is willing to do this with a 100 degree fever, Im willing to count it for school today! For the record, it was his idea to play. He BEGS to play it.
Jakob and Kate stick to the old stand by of reading. Its a great thing to do! You can see that they all seem to be doing a little better today!  Maybe tomorrow we can just have 99 degree temps.

I have decided that I am going to see how long I can go before walking into any store. Im thinking "tis the season to avoid crowds."  Thankfully, I LOVE the internet and do a ton of shopping that way.  I also have food storage. Time to enjoy the blessings of not needing to run to the store every day. I did go this morning to stock up on medicine.  Now I'll start my goal of seeing how long I can go.

No comments: