Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

I admit my post from last night was a little "grouchy". Despite my bad mood, we still celebrated Halloween. My children did not suffer.  They did not lack in sugary snacks.  They did not do a single thing related to "school".  Here are my children on Halloween.  We went to a Halloween party with other home schooled kids. (I know, home school kids socialize and have parties?!  Who would have ever thought!) Jakob even had his first brush with the law. He and a few other teen-agers were outside. A couple of police cars came by and began to question them about not being in school. The police were not satisfied with the line of questioning until one of the parents went out and spoke to the police man. I was disappointed that I didn't have a chance to ask the nice cop if the rest of my kids could see his car and speak to a real police man. Think of the education they missed out on! Back to my children and halloween.....  I wanted Kate to be a cabbage patch doll.  She thought differently.  Then, I wanted her to be a cute skeleton. The costume would not fit over her large (although cute) head. So, as we were supposed to be leaving for a halloween party, we grabbed this pumpkin costume and she went as a pumpkin.
Jakob found Haydens dracula cape just as we were getting ready to leave for the Halloween party.  Hayden did not want the blood on his face. He did not want to wear the dracula teeth. So, he is working with what he had.
Sariah is a ninja. Please note the "weapons" that I FINALLY got for her. She had them in time for the actual Halloween day. Good enough, right?
 Corrine as a peacock. Please note the feathers are attached!  I also want to thank my dear friend Sara for the head piece for Corrine. Its beautiful and totally made the costume!

Jakob is a "teenager" and I do not figure out his costume. After they are 12, they are TOTALLY on their own. Im not sure what he is.  Him being a teen ager is scary enough.
We had a party at our very good friends the Foxs. They are AMAZING.  They do every thing fun.  Pretty much anything fun my kids do is because of this family. Thank you for hosting a fun Halloween party!
Here are the girls enjoying their pizza.
Dracula likes pizza more than blood.
After lunch, we had a parade to the park! It was a very nice day for a costume parade. It was also a nice day to play at the park.
Jakob went to a halloween party with some friends. Corrine went trick or treating for her last time with her friends. 

Keith and I took the younger 3 kids to grandmas to go trick or treating with cousins. Here is our group ready to get candy!
Im thinking grandmas neighborhood is an excellent place to trick or treat. The house across the street was handing out homemade, fresh, get them while they are hot donuts.   The kids also like the yard decorations!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: