Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines Day

I haven't been feeling well. I have had a very bad cold.  The baby has been sick as well. Needless to say, valentines day wasn't exactly the most romantic holiday we have ever had. Its ok, we did decide to share our germs with everyone at a restaurant.  You are welcome.  I didn't have to cook, and honestly, thats all I was going for.  The kids have spent the last few days playing nicely together.(mostly)
Corrine decided to make cupcakes for everyone in the family. Im glad she can start doing those kinds of fun things.  It really takes the "fun" pressure off of me. Whew. I held a sick baby and ate cough drops. Corrine did a great job!
Above our stairs, there was a light fixture that I have HATED (yes, that strongly) since about the 2nd day we have lived here. I didn't have time to hate it the first day we lived here.  It is this ugly candle-obera type thing. I get that the spider webs don't help, and that I could have done something about them.
For valentines, I got a new light fixture.  I know, incredibly romantic. The new fixture does make me feel better when I look at it.
This fixture is on the wall above the stairs. It is a giant white wall in the family room and it needed help. I have no idea how to do interior decorating. Actually, I can't do any decorating of any kind.  I copy ideas.  Here is the giant white wall before my valentines present.
Keith spent most of the day on Friday "fixing" my wall for me. Nothing screams love like climbing a ladder above stairs.
All of the kids helped get pictures ready for my wall. I think they had fun looking back on old pictures. I'll admit, I did to!  Thank you command strips. I expect a check for being a spokesman for you.
Recovering from being sick and working on home projects can make a girl tired.  You  know you are tired when you are too tired to eat.
Finished wall. I have a few places left for more pictures and those will be added.... someday.... ok, valentines day in a couple more years.  I really like my "new" wall. Thanks for taking most of a day to get it done for me. (yes, I get that the pictures form the shape of a large heart. That was not my intent at all. Other pictures will go on down the right hand side)
 Next on the honey do list..... new floors. I despise our carpet. Its disgusting.  Thats another project for another day. Happy Valentines Day. I heart cough drops. And my kids. And Keith. And my wall.

2 comments:

Anna said...

FABULOUS! I am loving that new wall. So so fun! You have inspired me to go do an awesome project now. :)
And happy belated birthday to Corrine!

Kay said...

Looks great! I am going to have to come see it!