Since the Christmas cards went out, I guess I had better have our Christmas letter ready. So, here is my pathetic attempt. If I had to pick one word to describe our year, it would easily be CHANGE. Not hope and change.... just lots and lots of CHANGE.
In March, we drove to Michigan to visit with Mike and Julie and their family. This is a change because we have never gone in March. Its pretty safe to say, we will never go in March again. The driving out and the driving back was a horrible nightmare. We still shudder. Our first major change was we got a new family car. We love the new family car, but it was a change we didn't see coming until we were on the side of the freeway just outside of Chicago. We LOVED seeing Mike and Julie. Next time, we skip the drive. Its the only way to visit with them.
Keiths parents got in a car wreck in May and Keiths dad had to stay in the hospital until August. In August, he passed away. This was the hardest change to deal with. It was a very strange summer for our family. The only good thing is, that we got to have Mike and Julie and their family stay with us.... a couple of times. The kids were in HEAVEN!
Another big change was Keith and I both got released from our callings in September. Keith got released as a ward missionary and I got released from the RS presidency. We both got called to be the ward preparedness people. This is a fun calling for both of us. At the same time, we got put in charge of the ward Christmas party. As soon as we can get the Christmas party finished, we can really start to focus on preparedness.
The last big change is that we found out we are expecting a baby! We got this latest news the first of November. It took us a couple of weeks to get over the shock of this change. This piece of news prompted more change. The kids all swapped bedrooms to make room for baby. This change is also prompting Keith to figure out how to get all 5 kids in the truck. I figure that will be his problem. My problem is trying to make it through the day with out throwing up. Its the simple things that help you appreciate change.
2011 the year of CHANGE. We want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! We hope you have a great December and find time to feel our Saviors love and his influence in your life. We are especially grateful for our knowledge of the gospel this year. Knowing that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us has made this year of change a little easier to accept. Merry Christmas and may we all have a boring New Year!
Love,
Keith, Camille, Jakob, Corrine, Sariah, Hayden & Baby
3 comments:
Yes, it was a big year. I thought you would have said the best thing was that you have the awesomest friends ever! ;) I am glad there was a year of change, otherwise we never would have met, and gone through good and bad together. So here's to change, and a lot to look forward to! :)
The kids were so excited to hear (see) the news. We are excited too but we've had longer to get used to the whole idea. We just wish you guys lived here still so that we could help, i.e. hold the baby anytime you needed it. Good luck to you both and know that our love is with you!!!
Hahahaha. I wondered why you were too sick to come to Book Club but I figured it was Ward Party Exhaustiosis. I need to come rub your belly so some of that no-fertility-doc luck will rub off on us.
Post a Comment