We also decided to practice with the solar oven today. I don't want to try to "learn" how when things are really bad and I don't have a back up plan. By the way, the back up plan right now is Papa Murphys. Today we made hot dogs for lunch in the solar oven. Then, I got really brave and we did rolls and a casserole for dinner. We cooked both the rolls and the casserole in the solar oven. One of the pictures is of everyone eating "solar hot dogs"... all of the solar food was given a thumbs up. I can't complain about that I guess. Anyway, happy pioneer day. Solar ovens and chickens. Sounds pretty pioneer-ish to me.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Happy 24th of July
Today is the 24th of July.... pioneer day! We celebrated it the way any Mormon family does. We worked all day. Because we moved a month ago, we are still trying to get settled. So, we have been moving and organizing things all day long. We also did what all Mormon families do over pioneer weekend. We bought chickens. Well, as Hayden called them "chips". (he couldn't say chicks)




We also decided to practice with the solar oven today. I don't want to try to "learn" how when things are really bad and I don't have a back up plan. By the way, the back up plan right now is Papa Murphys. Today we made hot dogs for lunch in the solar oven. Then, I got really brave and we did rolls and a casserole for dinner. We cooked both the rolls and the casserole in the solar oven. One of the pictures is of everyone eating "solar hot dogs"... all of the solar food was given a thumbs up. I can't complain about that I guess. Anyway, happy pioneer day. Solar ovens and chickens. Sounds pretty pioneer-ish to me.




We also decided to practice with the solar oven today. I don't want to try to "learn" how when things are really bad and I don't have a back up plan. By the way, the back up plan right now is Papa Murphys. Today we made hot dogs for lunch in the solar oven. Then, I got really brave and we did rolls and a casserole for dinner. We cooked both the rolls and the casserole in the solar oven. One of the pictures is of everyone eating "solar hot dogs"... all of the solar food was given a thumbs up. I can't complain about that I guess. Anyway, happy pioneer day. Solar ovens and chickens. Sounds pretty pioneer-ish to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment