Friday the kids and I were cleaning out the van. I found a hand full of casette tapes. Corrine and I had a discussion that went something like this:
Corrine: Mom what are those?
Me: Tapes
Corrine: Those aren't tape! (rather disgusted, because she uses SEVERAL rolls of tape a week... she would know what tape is)
Me: No, casette tape
Corrine: What does it do?
Me: Plays music, they are kind of like CD's
Corrine: (very puzzled look) Why?? How do they work?
So, later on that day, Keith introduced the kids to an ancient machine called a tape player. They oohhed and aaahhhed and were most facinated with the fact that you have to rewind or fast forward to get to a certain song.
Tomorrow, we will introduce the corded telephone.
1 comment:
I just had to comment on the "getting old" post. My kids and I were walking in the library one day a few yrs ago and I spotted an electric typewriter. I made a comment about how I used to use them in high school. My ds said "wow that must be ancient". Well you can almost imagine my comment back lol. I find it funny how I don't feel that old, but my kids are amazed that we didn't have computers and all the stuff we have today. I tell them "you're spoiled". :)
Karie
www.kariesplace.robertcity.com
Post a Comment